President & CEO
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.
Dave joined AmeriServ in 2016 in a leadership position with direct oversight of the personal trust and financial services divisions. He focuses on strategic planning for wealth and capital management in four areas of expertise, including Trust and Estate Planning, Investment Management, Financial Planning and Retirement Planning.
He has been in banking for more than 50 years – 42 of those specifically in trust services. He advises his clients to develop long-term goals and remain confident in those goals even in times of market uncertainty.
“It’s my job to manage client expectations and prepare them for what to expect in both bull and bear markets. I love watching the plans we develop together to work toward allowing my clients to pursue their financial goals and retire confidently.”
Education and Certifications:
- Graduate School of Banking at Colorado – Colorado University, “Outstanding Scholastic Achievement”
- MBA, Concentration in Finance and Investments – Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bankers Association Trust School – Estates, Trusts and Investments
- Bachelor of Science; Major: Mathematics; Minor: Economics – University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- FINRA Licenses: Series 7, Series 66
- Pennsylvania Life and Accident & Health License
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh – member
- Financial Planners Association of Pittsburgh – member
- Friends of Flight 93 – Treasurer
- Laurel Arts, Somerset, PA – supporting member
- Somerset Rotary Club – Past President
Unknown Fact about Dave:
Former member of the Professional Ski Instructors of America
At the Top of Dave’s Bucket List:
Returning to ski at Vail/Beaver Creek, attending the Masters and someday getting to play at Augusta.